Last night, we accepted the gold award in the Entertainment & Leisure Mobile Marketing category at this year’s Sydney Design Awards.
The awards presentation organised by DRIVENxDESIGN celebrate and honour the role of design and recognise the project commissioners and creatives involved.
We’re thrilled to pick up the award for our work on the British and Irish Lions mobile app, as well as winning Gold in the Melbourne Design Awards too.
In 2017 an opportunity arose for APD to partner with The Lions to create a world-class mobile experience that would engage and connect with thousands of fans globally.
The hugely successful app encapsulated users with a compelling, engaging and interactive experience as demonstrated by the outstanding results:
– 218k app downloads, reaching number 2 in the App Store across all categories
– 1.6 million social followers
– 63 million videos consumed during the two-week tour
– 130,000 fantasy games played
It’s a project that we’ve been truly proud to have worked on and a huge congratulations goes out to the whole project team involved:
- Dan Li (Project Manager)
- Kenneth Erickson (Design Lead)
- Henrik Pagh (Visual Design)
- Thomas D’Agostino (Tech Lead)
- Roy Añonuevo (Tech Lead)
- Joel Wang (Front End)
- Ma Rena Joy (Test Lead)
- Mal Sheahan (Client Manager)
- Simon Brosolo (Sales)
For more information on the project, please visit drivenxdesign.